Before you head off to some grand adventure, we hope you’ll pause and consider how to best care for your MacBook over the summer. Also included in this post are resources to learn more about using your laptop.
Considerations to best care for your MacBook:
- If you’re not going to be using the laptop for awhile we suggest you shut it down with at least 50-90% of battery power.
- Just like our bodies, MacBooks don’t like to be in extreme temperatures. If you need to leave the laptop in your car shut it down first.
- When traveling, ensure that you are keeping the laptop in it’s case.
- If your laptop is lost or stolen over the break you’ll need to contact your administrator, they might need a reminder that they’ll need to submit a ticket for it.
- To best care for the content on your MacBook, back up your data.
Here are some resources for you to learn more about navigating your MacBook:
- The Support site Topic Page we’ve created that include the FAQs we anticipated.
- The Help Desk page for computers and networks, lots of helpful information here too.
- A Master Your Mac mini session will happen at Elementary Tech Camp.
- Master your Mac on your own time going through this MacBook Air Essentials document.