With almost 450 sq. miles of district, it can be difficult to get to everyone and answer everyone’s questions. In an attempt to provide greater access and increase communication, the ELA office will be starting online office hours. Any SVVSD teacher with questions or ideas about English Language Arts in the district can jump in and get assistance or share an insight during office hours.
Details are below, followed by screen shots for those new to Hangouts.
When: First and Third Thursdays August – October, 2:30 – 4 PM
Where: gChat in your email page or hangouts.google.com, search for Zachary Chase
What: Any question, idea, or collaborative need you might have about helping our students improve as readers, writers, and communicators.
- Head to hangouts.google.com
- Click “Sign In” in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Log in with your SVVSD credentials.
- Click on “New Conversation.”
- Type chase_zachary and select my email address when it pops up.
- A chat window will open. Start typing, hit enter, and the conversation will start.
While I’m setting up these office hours to have dedicated time to respond to teachers across the district, Hangouts are always operational and a speedy avenue for reaching out an getting answers as questions come up in your classroom.