The Rocky Mountain Math Teachers’ Circle summer workshops will be held:
- June 18-22, 2018 in Alamosa, CO (free lodging – enjoy a week-long retreat!)
- June 25-29, 2018 in Denver, CO (free lodging might be possible if needed)
- Target teacher group: Grades 4-9
Evenings are free in both locations, with optional social events planned. Graduate credits or CEUs (3.5) are available at no cost to participants. There are still plenty of spots in both workshops.
Click here for the application and information about the workshops
“A Math Teachers’ Circle provides an opportunity for teachers to engage in mathematical problem solving and deepen their understanding of mathematics. The main activities are problem-solving sessions in a collaborative environment. In particular, participants will work on math problems geared towards the level of teachers, rather than the level of their students, and discuss various approaches, solutions, and problem-solving strategies.”
The following mathematics classes will be offered through the Office of Professional Development this summer. A minimum of 10 participants are necessary for a class to run.
- enVisionmath2.0 Adoption Training – Summer 2018 (Choose ONE set)
- May 30 & 31
- August 1 & 2
Register by grade level through the St. Vrain CourseWhere system
- Desmos.com – A Deeper Dive (Wednesday, June 6; 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM; Lincoln ESC Spruce Room; 0.5 credit)
- You: The Mathematician (Wednesday-Friday, June 6-8; 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM each day; LSC Evergreen Room; 1.5 credits)
- MQI Coaching Workshop (Monday-Thursday, July 23-26; 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM each day; Learning Services Center; see description for credit & compensation options)