The application process is open for the Fall 2018 Concurrent Enrollment program, which allows students to apply to take college courses FRCC or CU-Boulder. There are important deadlines that must be adhered to, so please click here for complete information.
The Niwot High School Education Foundation is offering scholarships recognizing community and school service to NHS graduating seniors who will be attending a two or four-year college program. The Rotary Club of Niwot will award two $1000 scholarships, the NHSEF will offer one Founding Directors Scholarship in the amount of $1,000. Students may apply for one or more scholarships but there will not be duplicate recipients.
Please see the application forms for qualifications and other information. Scholarship funds are remitted directly to the recipient’s college or university tuition account. Applications must be submitted by midnight on Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
AP Exam registration is open on February 7th and closes on March 7th! Students currently taking AP Courses are strongly encouraged to take the corresponding AP exams. As in previous years, students will register online for AP Exams.
We will not hold pre-administration sessions this year (where students bubble their answer sheets with their information before the test day). Instead, when students register, the information entered online will be permanently printed on their answer sheets. This means AP Exam registration information must be entered carefully and accurately.
Here’s the link to registration instructions, registration deadlines, and the schedule and locations for 2018 AP Exams: https://tinyurl.com/nhsap2018.
Questions about AP Exams? Ask your counselor!
The St. Vrain Local School District (SVVSD) Local Scholarship applications are available to seniors! SVVSD Local Scholarships are offered exclusively to students in St. Vrain Valley School District.
The counseling department created a tutorial video explaining the application process: click here to view the tutorial.
If you have questions, please see your counselor!
-The NHS Counseling Department
For scholarships that require a nomination, you must see your counselor to learn more about the process.
- Daniels Fund Scholarship: http://www.danielsfund.org/Scholarships/Overview.asp
- Greenhouse Scholars: https://greenhousescholars.org/our-scholars/become-a-scholar/
- National Society of Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship: https://www.dar.org/national-society/scholarships
- Burg Simpson Scholarship: http://www.burgsimpson.com/charities/burg-simpson-college-scholarship-program/
- Latin American Educational Foundation Scholarship: http://www.laef.org/Scholarship
- Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship (nomination only- see counselor to learn more) http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/recognizing-the-best-and-brightest-nationwide
- Cielo Foundation: assistance for technical school education: www.cielosch.org
- Presidents Leadership Class (PLC) at the University of Colorado Boulder: As a four-year, leadership development program, PLC combines both academic and experiential learning to expose students to different levels and applications of leadership. Application is now open.
- Jewish Social Entrepreneur Fellowship: PresenTense Colorado is a six-month Fellowship that trains and mentors Jewish high school students interested in flexing their entrepreneurial muscles. Fellows learn new tools and gain access to expert coaching to develop and test an idea that makes an impact in our community. Applications are open now and are due on September 28th. For more information you can visit upstartlab.org/colorado, or get in touch with PresenTense Colorado’s Director, Sarah Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-541-9272).
- Elevate Pest Control in Colorado is offering a $500 scholarship for 2018. The scholarship will be given to a graduating senior or college freshman from Colorado. http://elevatepestcontrol.com/colorado-scholarship-application/
- CCHS/CR Scholarship Program for the Graduating Class of 2018 and continuing Colorado College students: The application is due no later than January 29, 2018 emailed to email@example.com. Further details and the application can be accessed here.
- Zippy Passive Income Business Scholarship Criteria: Applicants must be attending college by the Fall 2018 semester. The Scholarship will be judged on merit and need. Academic achievements as well as any leadership experiences will be taken in to account.https://zippypassiveincome.org/zippy-passive-income-business-scholarship
Athnet Sports Recruiting Scholarship Available to: Undergraduates who were athletes at the high school level. You do not need to be an athlete at the college level.Eligibility Requirements: Former high school athletes who are enrolled as a full-time student at a two or four-year college.
- Elevate Pest Control in Colorado is offering a $750 scholarship. The scholarship will be given to a graduating senior or college freshman from Colorado.
Longmont High School will be hosting a College Fair on Thursday, October 19th from 6 – 7:30 PM. Over 50 college and universities will be in attendance! Click here for more information.
- Niwot Students! Click here for more information on College Visits at NHS and local College Fairs and events
- College Admissions Representatives – Scroll down for your info!
College/Career Planning Sessions: Mandatory for all seniors. Click here for more information and to schedule your mandatory meeting with your counselor.
Power Point Presentation from large group meetings
Please note that schedule changes cannot be made by e-mailing your counselor or via individual meetings. Students will be able to request schedule changes through the Schedule Change Request Form from August 8 through August 18.