We wanted to share the information below as a resource for you that was sent to us from Melanie Kelsea from Longmont Children, Youth & Families.
I wanted to share some resources and information on Early Childhood:
1) For those who weren’t able to attend the Early Learning Summit, please visit the Bright EYES website for resources from the trainers:
2) Here is a resource titled “Fostering Healthy Social & Emotional Development in Young Children Tips for EARLY Childhood Teachers and Providers” from the website Too Small to Fail: http://m.toosmall.org/blog/body/HHS-SED-Tips-for-Early-Childhood-Teachers-and-Providers.pdf?utm_source=Early+Childhood+Colorado+Partnership&utm_campaign=6653d5e7d4-Our_Voice_EC_Newsletter_March2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2297e501f3-6653d5e7d4-106263885&goal=0_2297e501f3-6653d5e7d4-106263885&mc_cid=6653d5e7d4&mc_eid=ae0ecc43aa
3) There is a training in May in Boulder for those who have already attended Pyramid Plus training and want to provide parent trainings: Positive Solutions for Families Train the Trainer – https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1958410&utm_source=Early+Childhood+Colorado+Partnership&utm_campaign=6653d5e7d4-Our_Voice_EC_Newsletter_March2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2297e501f3-6653d5e7d4-106263885&goal=0_2297e501f3-6653d5e7d4-106263885&mc_cid=6653d5e7d4&mc_eid=ae0ecc43aa
4) Don’t forget to visit the website for the Early Childhood Council of Boulder County for trainings, job postings, and more: https://www.eccbouldercounty.org/
5) Here is some recent legislation affecting families and child care providers:
- Family and Medical Leave Insurance for all Coloradoans Act http://www.cofamli.org/ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68wfyXlGQEwd1FjM3ZGQ3pncFU/view This will most likely be introduced in state legislation in the next few weeks.
- HB 17-1210 Addressing Out-of-School Suspension & Expulsion of Young Children http://www.coloradokids.org/hb-17-1210-lontine-bucknerfields-priola-addressing-out-of-school-suspension-expulsion-of-young-children/
- HB 17-1211 Disciplinary Strategies Professional Development for Educators http://www.coloradokids.org/hb-17-1211-colemanpriola-disciplinary-strategies-professional-development-for-educators/
- If you would like to receive updates about legislation affecting Early Childhood issues, sign up for Kids Flash from the Colorado Children’s Campaign: https://salsa4.salsalabs.com/o/50897/signup_page/kidsflash-sign-up
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or comments.
Melanie Kelsea, M.S.
Community Coordinator/Early Childhood
Longmont Children, Youth & Families