Based on some questions that came up during the licensing training, please see below the clarifications:
- Purpose is to ensure that all students are accounted for when transitioning to avoid a lost child
- Body to name checks should be done prior to and upon arrival for any transition outside your classroom
- A copy of student emergency information should be with you any time you are outside your classroom
- Just a reminder the next step is to meeting with your principals to determine process specific to your building
- Intent of this protocol is to avoid being one on one while restrooming or toileting a student
- If you are experiencing challenges around this protocol while on the playground and may need a walkie talkie please contact Vicki Hergott
- Consider using a curtain and curtain rod to cover the lower half of the restroom door to allow visibility
- Volunteer Training power point is almost completed and will be shared shortly for your use with classroom volunteers. Details to come when the power point is shared
- Maximum student group size is 20 which also pertains to your outside playground
- Thank you for being diligent in ensuring the awareness of the stipulations around Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) qualifications as it applies to the requirement regarding who can be in charge of a group of children. Only ECT staff can be in charge of a group wheras an assistant must be in the supervision of an ECT qualified staff at all times. This applies to restrooming if outside the classroom and any other tasks that require them to outside the view of the teacher.
- Reminder – LENA Starts fall class referrals are due by the end of this week. Please refer families that you feel will benefit from this program to Claudia Orona Perez at The OUR Center 303-772-5529, ext. 242
If you have additional questions, please contact Shela.
Please welcome our new preschool teachers!