Front Range Community College is hosting a FREE FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) help session on Sunday, November 12 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. All seniors/college-going people are encouraged to attend. Bring your 2016 tax information.
Hi MHS! If you’re interested in attending FRCC you should check out their Open House Nights:
Tuesday, November 7, 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. at Longmont Campus (2121 Miller Drive, Longmont)
Wednesday, November 9, 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. at Westminster Campus (3645 W. 112th Avenue, Westminster)
- Any student who tours NWU, will also receive a $1,000 annually renewable Campus Visit Grant.
- Students may also qualify for NWU Academic Scholarships ranging from $6-$10,000 per year.
- By submitting the FAFSA, students may qualify for thousands more in additional grants and need-based aid
If interested look at the NWU website for application information!
There is a College Fair for all SVVSD students on Wednesday October 19th from 6-7pm at Longmont High School. For additional information please click on Longmont High School College Fair.
When: October 8th 1-3pm
Where: Island Grove Regional Park 501 N. 14th Avenue
For additional information please call 970.339.6548
College Goal Sunday is a FREE event designed to help students plan for college, from applying for scholarships to filling out required financial aid information. (There will be a scholarship drawing!)
Bright Futures Grant
Aims, UNC, CSU, Latin American Education Foundation, and Daniels Fund representatives will be present.
Local general scholarship opportunities
Child care area
Snacks & Drinks
Spanish-speaking representatives available
For more information and what to bring with you please click on the links below:
Tuesday October 3rd, 2017 from 2:30-3:30pm Mrs. Rue (D231 Reading & English) and Mr. Holskin (D132 Math) will help you with SAT testing strategies. This is geared towards students taking the SAT this fall, but all are welcome.
Greetings from the CU Denver College of Arts & Media!
We’re writing to let you know about some exciting upcoming events for prospective students. As you likely already know, CU Denver’s College of Arts & Media is located right in heart of downtown Denver. We offer career focused arts programs in three departments: Film & Television (hands-on BFA filmmaking program), Music & Entertainment Industry Studies (largest music department in the Rocky Mountain Region and a one of the top contemporary music programs in the country), and Visual Arts (technology infused BFA programs with a unique connection to the thriving Denver Arts scene).
- The CU Denver College of Arts and Media (CAM) will host three Preview Day events on Fridays this fall. They will be held on September 29th, October 13th, and November 10th. The Preview Days are a great way for prospective students to see all that we offer at the college. Faculty members from all three of our departments (Film & Television, Visual Arts, and Music & Entertainment Industry Studies) will be available to speak with students and give department tours. Students and parents can register to attend a Preview Day on the CU Denver Admissions website here. These are free events and lunch is provided. See attached flyer about all of our upcoming visit day events.
- Our Music & Entertainment Industry Studies (MEIS) Department will host four MEIS Open House events during the 2017-18 academic year. The Open Houses will be on the same days as our live audition dates for Fall 2018 MEIS applicants: December 1st, February 2nd, March 2nd, and March 30th. The Open Houses feature a program overview, a student panel, sitting-in on a general recital class, lunch with the faculty, and a music department tour. See the attached flyer. Students and parents can register for the MEIS Open Houses on our website here. These are free events and lunch is provided.
- The Denver Music College Fair will take place on Friday, September 29th from 7:00-9:00 pm at the University of Denver’s Newman Center for the Performing Arts. The CU Denver College of Arts & Media is one of the co-sponsors for this event. We’ll have a booth there along with about 30 other colleges with music programs. This event is free to the public.
- The Denver NACAC Performing and Visual Arts College Fair will take place on Monday, November 6th from 7:00-9:00 pm at the Seawell Ballroom at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. The CU Denver College of Arts & Media will be at this event along with at least 50 colleges from throughout the country. This is one of the only college fairs in Denver that is specifically for arts students (music, film, visual arts) and it’s free to attend! The poster for this event is attached.
We encourage seniors to apply now to CU Denver! The Fall 2018 application is currently available. You can find complete information about how to apply to the CU Denver College of Arts & Media on our website here. MEIS has additional application requirements for music applicants that you can review here.
For non-seniors, we encourage you to attend one of the LYNX Arts Camp Programs this summer. This summer we are offering one-week programs in Photography, 2D Design/Illustration, and Audition Production/Ableton Live from June 11th-15th. Our two-week Music Industry Program will take place from June 17th-29th and our two week Filmaking and Digital Animation/Motion Graphics Programs will take place from July 8th-20th. The camps are designed to be previews of our college programs. The application will be available on our website on November 1st.
Hi Maverick parents! Here are a couple of great opportunities for you to get support and maybe some much-needed answers to your parenting questions:
Rollercoaster of Change – FREE class, September 27, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Longs Peak High. Spanish and English translation available, including childcare Rollercoaster of Change
Parents Involved in Education fall and spring class schedule: NewPIECalendar2018c
2017 United States Senate Youth Scholarship Program (USSYP) For North Carolina is available for the permanent resident of the United States who are high school juniors and seniors and those interested in pursuing careers in public service.
Award Amount: Between $50,000 and $60,000
Deadline: November 7, 2017
Applicants can get more information through the given link: United States Senate Youth Scholarship Program (USSYP) for North Carolina
ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Bipolar, Schizophrenia…
Do you live with a child, teen or adult with mental illness? You are not alone and NAMI is here to help.
Register now for NAMI classes starting in September in Boulder, Broomfield, Louisville
and Longmont. Contact Helen Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-601-4330.