Leadership Opportunity for SVVSD students
My name is Rose Hopman and I belong to the Longmont St.Vrain Rotary Club. We feel privileged to extend our an invitation to SVVSD high school students to apply for a unique educational leadership experience. Our club would like to sponsor a student or two interested in attending the World Affairs Seminar
2018 on Innovation: Shaping The World You Will Inherit. The 2018 World Affairs Seminar is Saturday, June 23 – Friday, June 29th at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin. This seminar is for students who fit the following criteria:
– Students must be between the ages of 16-18.
– Must have completed their sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school.
– Are in good academic standing.
– Have an interest in global issues and building a strong portfolio for college and future careers.
– Can be endorsed by a school official as a student in good academic standing, with integrity, maturity and a sincere desire to participate in the unique educational opportunity.
We would like students that are interested to complete the application and write a short essay expressing their interest and how they feel they could benefit from attending the 2018 World Affairs Seminar
. We would also request that the student(s) awarded a scholarship give a presentation detailing their experience to our rotary group upon their return. All applications and essays should be returned to the Longmont St. Vrain Rotary Club by February 12, 2018 to allow time to process and select a candidate or two. Awarded students would need to pay for airfare to Wisconsin but lodging and meals are covered. (Please see attachments for more detailed information.) This amazing opportunity has been described by many past participants as a “life changing experience” so we would like to reach as many deserving students as possible.
Please view all seminar details and the application in the link below:
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR r
email@example.com OR 303-776-2265
Please send student applications and essays to:
Longmont St. Vrain Rotary Club