The Advanced Placement Program enables willing and academically prepared students to pursue college-level studies with the opportunity to earn college credit, advanced placement, or both while still in high school.
Benefits of taking AP Courses
- Stand out in college admissions
- Earn college credits
- Skip introductory courses in college
- Build academic skills required in college
- View the NHS Advanced Placement Brochure to see potential AP course offerings at Niwot High School (note: course offerings are subject to change per student registration requests).
- Visit the AP College Board website to find out more about the AP program
NHS 2017-2018 AP Course Applications
In order to be enrolled in an AP course, you must meet the course pre-requisites, complete a separate application (if required), or be recommended by a teacher. All additional applications must be completed by your review session with your counselor. Applications will NOT be accepted after February 7, 2017.
Additionally, most AP courses require summer homework. If you are not notified that you did NOT get accepted into an AP course, then you are expected to do the summer homework assignment that will be posted in June.
You must complete an application for each AP class you wish to take! Click on the links below to complete each application:
AP Social Studies Classes (AP Government, AP Psychology, AP Economics)
AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, and AP Statistics: Math recommendations made internally by math teachers.
Summer 2017 AP Homework Assignments will be available in June.