Graduation is a major event in your family’s journey. This page has been created to answer your questions and provide guidance. If you have a question or a concern not addressed on this page, please contact your child’s counselor or administrator. We want graduation to be a happy, relaxed celebration for all our students and families. We are here to help you!
- April 19–Senior Night Auditions
- April 29–Prom and After Prom
- May 1–pictures for Senior Night slideshow due
- May 11–Senior Awards Night
- May 17–Last day of classes
- May 23–Graduation Practice 1:30 P.M.
- May 25–Senior Night 7:00 P.M.
- May 27–Graduation 10:00 A.M.
I didn’t order a cap and gown. What do I do now? You can still order a cap and gown. If you need help purchasing one, please contact Mrs. Hollingsworth in the NHS counseling office. You can order one through Josten’s.
I’d still like to get a copy of the Senior Class Panoramic Picture, can I? Yes, you will need to order one from the company that takes and produces the picture. For on-line ordering or questions, please go to www.BestClassPicture.com.
What is Senior Night? Senior Night is a celebration of music and entertainment provided by students in the senior class. Auditions will be held on April 19th after school in the choir room. In the past, acts included singing, instrumental music, jump roping, monologues, comedy, dance, and even a light show designed to accompany a musical number. The acts for the evening are selected by senior student council members and staff advisors. One of the highlights of the evening is the Senior Slide Show–pictures of the students as a baby and then fading into a current portrait. Please send a baby picture and a senior picture
that you wish to be in the slideshow at senior night. If you do not send
a picture, your yearbook picture will be used. Please send a digital
copy of both pictures (baby and senior) to email@example.com with your first and last name in the subject line by May 1. But the sooner the better! All family members are welcome to attend Senior Night!
What is After Prom and who can attend? After Prom is the signature event organized by the NHS Boosters. When prom has finished, most students go home and change into comfy clothes and then come to NHS from 12:00 Midnight till 4:00 AM. All 11th and 12th grade students are invited to enjoy After Prom, just bring your ID to check in. You do not need to go to Prom to attend After Prom. Students can win amazing prizes, play games, enjoy a lot of donated food, and have fun in a safe environment. Prom will be held on April 29th.
Graduation Information and Checklist
Graduation Date and Time: Saturday, May 27 at 10:00
- Seating Graduation takes place outside on the football field. The stage is set up at the fifty yard line. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis with most people sitting on the hill. NHS is asking families to refrain from posting tents, awnings, blankets and tarps until Friday May 26 at 3:00 PM. District operations and maintenance people need access to the hill to cut and water the grass. If you have personal property on the hill, it may be removed by our district operations workers. Please do not use stakes which may damage the sprinkling system. Chairs are not provided. A water bottle and sunscreen are advised for all those who attend. Tents are only allowed at the top of the hill.
- Handicap Access NHS does provide two small canopied areas with a small number of chairs near the graduates on the field. These areas are for those with mobility issues and only one or two additional family members. Please respect the needs of the handicapped and/or elderly who require this area to enjoy the program. Handicapped parking areas are located on the east side of the parking lot, near the main office entrance, and several in the northeast parking lot near the auditorium entrance. We will also have a golf cart available for transporting.
- Pictures NHS provides professional photographers (GradImages) who will take several pictures of your graduate during the ceremony. They take one picture as your child receives his/her diploma and one coming off the stage. Please stay behind the ropes during the ceremony to allow smooth movement of the graduates and for the photographers to take the pictures. GradImages will contact you through email after the graduation with proof pictures that are available for purchase. This service is offered as a convenience and purchase is optional.
- Inclement Weather In case of rain, NHS will move the graduation inside to the large gym. Access to graduation will then be limited; students receive 4 (four) tickets with their cap and gown. Each person who attends inside graduation must have a ticket to enter. A decision will be made by 6:15 AM on Saturday morning and a shoutpoint phone and email message will be sent if a change of venue is required.
- Graduates are asked to be at NHS by 9:20 AM and dressed in cap and gown and in the auditorium by 9:40. The ceremony takes about one and one-half to two hours. Students are asked to dress appropriately under their gowns. Sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended. Flowers or leis over the gown are allowed. After the ceremony, graduates should go to the NHS commons to pick up their immunization records and the actual diploma.
In order to receive a diploma from St. Vrain Valley School District, students must earn 24.5 credits. Please see your counselor if you have any doubt about your credits.