The Gifted Education Department in SVVSD supports the identification of and programming for gifted children K-12. This department works with staff, parents, and the community in the area of gifted education. Their mission is to ensure gifted students’ learning and growth through educational provisions and advocacy.
Students identified as Gifted and Talented (GT) according to the criteria outlined by the Colorado Department of Education, and approved by the St.Vrain Valley Board of Education will have an Advanced Learning Plan (ALP) in order to meet the student’s academic and social/emotional needs.
The student’s ALP is created and housed in Naviance which can be found on the SCHS website. Contact your student’s counselor or GT liaisons with any question or concern you may have.
- Galbraith, J., & Delisle, J. R. (1987). The Gifted Kids Survival Guide: A Teen Handbook (Revised edition). Minneapolis: Free Spirit.
- Adderholdt, M. R., & Goldberg, M. R. (1999). Perfectionism: What’s Bad About Being Too Good?(Revised Edition) Minneapolis: Free Spirit.
- Delisle, J. R., & Galbraith, J. (2002). When Gifted Kids Don’t Have All The Answers: How to Meet Their Social And Emotional Needs.Minneapolis: Free Spirit.
- Galbraith, J. (1998). The Gifted Kids Survival Guide For Ages 10 And Under(Revised edition). Minneapolis: Free Spirit.
- Galbraith, J., & Delisle, J. R. (1987). The Gifted Kids Survival Guide: A Teen Handbook(Revised edition). Minneapolis: Free Spirit.
- Greenspon, T. (2001). Freeing Our Families From Perfectionism.Minneapolis: Free Spirit.
- Heacox, D. (1991). Up From Underachievement.Minneapolis: Free Spirit.
- Hipp, E. (1995). Fighting Invisible Tigers: A Stress Management Guide For Teens(Revised and updated edition). Minneapolis: Free Spirit.
- Parker, W D. (2000). Healthy Perfectionism In The Gifted. Journal for Secondary Gifted Education, 34, 173-182.
- Parker, W D., & Mills, C. (1996). The Incidence Of Perfectionism In Gifted Students. Gifted Child Quarterly, 40, 194-199.
- Walker, S. Y. (2002). The Survival Guide For Parents Of Gifted Kids: How to Understand, Live With, And Stick Up For Your Gifted Child.Minneapolis: Free Spirit.