You’re halfway done and second semester is only going to get more hectic and stressful. In order to combat the stress don’t forget to do these things:
1. Your counselors will be updating credit checks/four year plans throughout the month of January. If you didn’t pass a class (especially if you’re a senior) you need to get into some form of credit recovery (see blog post about your credit recovery options).
2. CELA testing begins tomorrow for ELL students. If you have any questions about this, please email your counselor.
3. January 13 is the District Financial Aid night at Longmont High School. All seniors are encouraged to attend to learn about the local scholarships.
4. College applications due dates are approaching – CU Boulder’s is due Jan. 15 and CSU is due Feb. 1
5. Letters of Recommendation reminder – a minimum of three weeks before it is due is greatly appreciated – if you ask at the last minute be prepared to not get a letter or to get a very boring and generic one.