Check out this great article about Skyline STEM students who visited Ball Aerospace and had a chance to meet Secretary of the Interior, Ken Salazar.
Freshmen and Sophomores – please be in your assigned rooms tomorrow at 7:15.
Juniors and Seniors – we’ll see you at 9:55, class starts at 10.
CSAP days are Tuesday – Thursday, March 15, 16, 17 and March 22, 23, 24
Seniors: there is one more local scholarship that has just made its way into the counseling office. It uses the local scholarship application and is due April 15. Come to the counseling office if you’re interested (and here’s hoping you are!).
Here is a list of upcoming events students and their families can attend in addition to other opportunities for students.
Health Professions Opportunity Day (hPod):
- When: 9 – 3:30, Saturday, April 16, 2011
- Where: University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Education 2, Building South
- What: Students interested in careers in the health profession should sign-up with their parents. This is organized by the Recruiting and Retaining Youth of Color (in the health professions) Task Force.
- Sign Up: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dElwbzVRWnFNOVhQYUtHMVNTeG1OS1E6MQ
- Flier: hPod 2011
2011 UCAR High School Internship
- June 27 – August 5, 2011 (20 hours/week)
- Where: NCAR, Boulder
- What: NCAR – Coummunity Buliding Program. High school intern will be working with scientists in laboratories on state-of-the-art research projects. Students must be 16 years old by June 27, 2011 and either a current high school junior or senior.
- Apply online (read the application carefully – and give plenty of time for a letter of recommendation to your teacher): Application Due April 15, 2011 https://hostedjobs.openhire.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=216897&company_id=15947&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=962105&aid=1
Boulder County Youth Corps
- When: Summer, Monday, June 13, 2011 – August 3, 2011
- Where: Boulder County area
- What: Summer job opportunity. Students work in Boulder County and do hands-on work, get to be part of a team and help the environment.
- Pick up applications in the Counseling office.
- Applications are due Friday, March 25 – the day before Spring Break!
Congratulations to Tanya Schulz and Melodi Oliver. Both SHS students won Affliate Awards from the National Center for Women in Information Technology. Tanya and Melodi were two out of 26 winners in Colorado.
Scholarships are still coming into the Counseling department, so any interested seniors need to stop by to pick up applications. Many of the scholarships are due March 15!
Spring is coming in like a lamb, and the SHS Counseling Department is quite happy. Things have been busy but great in the counseling office: finalizing registration, local scholarships got turned in yesterday (Feb. 28) and the Practice ACT is less than 24 hours away.
Photo by 2.bp.blogspot.com