Happy last day of school Falcons!
Here are a couple of things to consider over the summer:
1. Credit Recovery: Don’t wait until the last minute to get signed up for credit recovery. There are two types this summer: traditional classroom summer school (held at Longmont High) and eCredit recovery.
- Traditional Summer School:
Longmont High School, 1040 Sunset Street, 720-494-3889
Registration Nights = June 6 and 7th from 6:00 – 8:00 at LHS
Semester 1: 7:45 – 12:00, June 11 – June 28 (Mondays thru Thursdays)
Semester 2: 7:45 – 12:00, July 9 – July 26 (Mondays thru Thursdays)
- eCredit Summer School:
Registration Night = Wed. May 30 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Student Services Building, 830 S. Lincoln Street
Class starts June 4 – July 13
2. Volunteering Over the Summer: it looks great on college applications and job applications and the general happiness it brings you and your fellow man is wonderful
3. READ: pick up a book and improve not only your vocabulary but your view of the world. Reading will help you in EVERY class. If you can prove you read at least 10 books this summer I’ll bring you a prize (yet to be determined) in the fall. Throw in a classic like the Great Gatsby or Pride and Predjudice and I’ll be doubly impressed!
4. Take care of yourself! If you need help with mental or physical health don’t wait!
- OASOS (for GLBTQ youth): 303-678-6259
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Salud Clinic Longmont: 303-776-3250