There is a great opportunity for any and all students to get involved in their community and find support. Out Boulder, OASOS and the Y (YMCA) are hosting a Youth Group for LGBTIQQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex and asexual) students and their allies (all the people who support). No parent consent is needed and students can just stop by. The details are here:
Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. at the Longmont YMCA (950 Lashley Street). For more information contact Taylor from OASOS: (303)579-2676.
Interested in spending your summer interning and taking courses in Washington DC? Don’t miss the final deadline for the Ronald Reagan Foundation’s Leadership and the American Presidency program.
Apply by March 16 to spend your summer in the nation’s capital interning in a setting aligned with your goals and interests while also taking an accredited course on presidential leadership.
For more information or to begin the online application, visit www.reaganfoundation.org/leadership
Already have summer plans? Apply today for the Fall 2016 Leadership and the American Presidency program. Spend an entire semester studying presidential leadership in addition to other electives while still participating in an internship!
Contact Meredith Stasa at email@example.com or (202) 509-8948.
Hey there Falcons! I have an awesome opportunity for you to learn about a fast growing and fast finishing vocational program. If you want to go to college for a year, and finish with a job lined up, then you should check out the FRCC Machining Program. Below are dates/times/location/information for how to check it out.
What: High School Visits to FRCC Advanced Technology Center.
When: Any Friday Morning from January 29, 2016-May 13, 2016.
Where: FRCC Advanced Technology Center, 2120 Miller Drive, Longmont, CO 80501.
Schedule: Maximum of 14 Students Arrive at 9:00. 9:00-10:30Hands-on Activities at the ATC. 10:30-Noon Students Will Visit a Local Manufacturing Company. Noon-1:00 Return to School. FRCC Will Provide a Box Lunch.
Hey Falcons! Here is the information straight from the Wolf’s mouth:
Falcons there are only 14 school days left! Can you believe it? Here are a couple of reminders about all the happenings in and around SHS:
1. Advanced Placement Testing: Monday, May 4 through Friday, May 15
2. Makeup ACT for any juniors who missed on Tuesday, May 12
3. Seniors Last Day: Thursday, May 14
- Tuesday, May 19 – periods 1, 2, 3
- Wednesday, May 20 – periods 5, 6, 7
- Thursday, May 21 – periods 4 and 8
Mighty Falcons, I know spring has sprung and we’re all ready to go enjoy the (usually) beautiful weather, but there are a few more things to accomplish before we put this school year to bed.
1. JUNIORS – the ACT exam is next Tuesday, April 28. Have your bums in your seats by 7:30 a.m. so you can get this VERY critical test done well. The ACT can get you into college, a job, and make you eligible for a scholarship! (We’ll have breakfast at 7:00 a.m. for any student interested). Bring #2 pencils, a photo ID and a calculator. Leave your phone at home (trust me you may enjoy the liberation of not being in contact with everyone, all the time).
2. AP Exam Registration: This Thursday – April 23. See you in the Commons at 7:45 a.m. or 9:15 a.m. Don’t be late for this very important date.
3. FRCC paperwork for concurrent enrollment classes is due on Friday, April 24 – this Friday. Why not take advantage of FREE college classes. I wish I got free college classes now…
Take Care of yourselves Falcons – the next few weeks are stressful, but let’s power through.
U.S. Senator Michael Bennet invites interested students and families to join us at our annual Colorado U.S. Service Academy Information Day.
This event will be held at Denver’s South High School on April 25th from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM and the presentation will start promptly at 1pm. The afternoon will begin with an informational video (the 5 Pointed Star) and then formal presentations by each of the service academies – the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the U.S. Naval Academy, the U.S. Air Force Academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy.
Following the presentations, attendees will have the opportunity to talk individually with representatives of the academies and congressional staff that handle academy nominations during a break out session. We will have table for each congressional office and academy to present their materials to interested students and families. There will also be representatives from various ROTC units and the Civil Air Patrol.
WHAT: Colorado U.S. Service Academy Information Day
WHERE: Denver’s South High School (1700 E Louisiana Ave, Denver, CO 80210)
WHEN: Saturday, April 25, 2015 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
If interested, students and families should RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
here are some amazing opportunities for students who are interested in being part of Stanford University. Stanford has multiple Pre-Collegiate programs available to students in all grades. Check out their website and see what opportunities will be right for you!