“Require Login” is a plugin that make a blog private. It does this by redirecting readers to the login page whenever they try to visit any page on the website. The site is then restricted to the specified users added by the site owner.
Activating Require Login
- From the dashboard left column, click Plugins, scroll down to find Require Login and click Activate
- Again from the left column, click Settings > Require Login and make sure Enabled? is checked.
Adding Other Users
- From the dashboard, click Users > Add User (do not use Add New)
- Enter the username of the person to have access the site
- Select the access this person should have:
- Editor – person can publish and manage posts including yours and the posts of others. (Set this for your teacher)
- Author– students can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – students can write and manage their own posts but you will have to publish them.
- Subscriber – students can only manage their profile.
- Click Add User
- From the dashboard left column, click Settings > Require Login and make sure Enabled? is unchecked.