Welcome to the Digital Student Blog. This is a place for us to share our professional reading with one another and to comment on the interesting things we find. Many times in teaching we come across great ideas and articles, but find little time to explore. This blog will allow us to collect these articles and tag them with different categories so that we have a resource to return to.
Another goal for this blog is to get teachers familiar with using a blog. A blog is great social media resource for teachers to use with their students. After using the blog to post articles and add tags and comments, you will see how user friendly it can be and hopefully begin generating ideas on how to use a blog with your students.
How The Digital Student class will be using this blog:
- Each participant will be required to post 3 articles to the blog.
- Each post will include a link to the article with a brief summary along with some insights about the article.
- Each post will also be “tagged” with one or more of the following categories (allowing us to search for particular topics of interest): Brain, Collaboration, Engagement, SocialMedia, Changes, Innovative, Misc.
- The Digital Student Blog Video Tutorial
- Resources for your article posts to our class blog (but not limited to). You may want to “join” to receive emails with recent posts or add them to your reader feed: